Are you feeling lost and alone after the death of a loved one? Do you have mixed feelings of anger, sadness, guilt, and regret? Grief Counseling can help you…
- Process your mixed feelings and better manage the loss
- Learn about the Stages of Grief
- Talk to a supportive professional who understands
- Begin to make sense of what happened
Heartland Counseling Center offers Grief Counseling for those who have lost a loved one and need support to make sense of what happened and move forward in life. Grief can be a very complicated process and not everyone deals with loss the same way. A Grief Counselor can help you understand your own grief and learn more about a healthy grieving process.
A popular model of grief that a Grief Counselor may use to explain the grief process in counseling was developed by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. The Kubler-Ross Model contains the following 5 Stages of Grief:
What are typical benefits of attending Grief Counseling?
- Learn about the grief process and the typical Stages of Grief
- Maintain healthy connections through memories and talking about the deceased loved one
- Learn relaxation skills to cope with stressors following the loss
- Develop a support network to help you through the difficult emotions now and in the future
Why choose Heartland Counseling Center for Grief Counseling?
- You will get the financial benefit of working with an In-Network Provider in most cases. Our Counselors are Credentialed with most local insurance companies
- We rely on Evidence-Based Treatments whenever possible so you will typically see the fastest, longest lasting results
- We value your time and always treat you with respect. We understand that your time is very valuable and our Counselors won’t keep you waiting. Our policy is to begin and end all counseling sessions promptly
- We offer the benefits of a larger facility with numerous Counselors on staff to best fit your needs, yet we’re not a community agency and you won’t find the sterile atmosphere that is commonplace in these settings
- You will enjoy our professional and relaxing waiting room before your session begins. Many of our clients comment that being in our office is like sitting in their own living room!
If you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, Grief Counseling can help you make sense of what happened and move forward with life. A supportive Grief Counselor at Heartland Counseling Center can teach you about the grief process and help you gain the skills and support you need to move forward after the loss.